Where do the athletes meet for training
I would like to contact the coach who is instructing my child, how can I contact them
Please feel free to reach out to your coach at practice or to email the program director.
How Much Will I Have To Volunteer
Volunteering for BSRA can be an important part of supporting your child's participation in the sport. Here are some reasons why volunteering can be valuable:
- Building Community: Volunteering allows you to meet other parents and members of the ski team community, which can help build a sense of camaraderie and support for your child.
- Supporting the Team: Ski teams often rely on volunteers to help with events, races, and other activities. By volunteering, you're helping ensure that the team has the resources it needs to function effectively.
- Setting a Positive Example: When you volunteer, you're setting a positive example for your child by showing them the value of giving back and supporting others.
- Understanding the Sport: Volunteering can give you a better understanding of the sport and the training and preparation required to compete at a high level. This knowledge can help you better support your child's efforts and progress in the sport.
- Providing Feedback: By volunteering, you may have the opportunity to provide feedback to the coaches and organizers, which can help improve the quality of the program and the experience for all participants.
WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL MY RACER NEED?
Please speak with the program director regarding your child as each age group has different requirements! In general, your child will need skis, poles, snow gear, helmet with hard ears. As the children get older, more specialized equipment may be needed.
How important is it to be at every race?
While it's important for your child to attend ski races and competitions to develop their skills and experience, it's not always necessary for them to attend every single race. Here are some factors to consider when deciding which races to attend:
- Importance of the Race: Some races may be more important than others. It's important to prioritize these races and make sure your child attends them.
- Health and Well-being: It's important to consider your child's health and well-being when deciding which races to attend. If your child is sick or injured, it may be best to skip a race to prevent further injury or illness.
- School and Other Commitments: If your child has other commitments such as school, it may not be possible for them to attend every race. It's important to balance their skiing goals with their academic and other obligations.
- Financial Considerations: Skiing can be an expensive sport, and it may not be feasible for your family to attend every race due to financial constraints. It's important to factor in the costs of travel, lodging, and entry fees when deciding which races to attend.
- Burnout and Overtraining: It's important to be mindful of your child's physical and emotional needs, and to prevent burnout and overtraining. Attending every race may not be necessary or beneficial if it causes your child to become tired or lose their passion for the sport.
Does my child have to race?
Answer to question 5
How do you enter a race?
how do racers get to and from the mountain?
Racers are transported by their families. If you can't make it to a race, but your racer would like to attend, please reach out to the program director to see if arrangements can be made.
WHEN DO WE HAVE A RACE SCHEDULE FOR THE COMING SEASON?
Generally, after Thanksgiving the preliminary schedules are passed out. Unfortunately, we do rely on the weather for races, so as a race family you will need to be flexible for cancellations and rescheduling of races based upon what Mother Nature decides.
Are There Any Tryouts?
Where do I find information during the season?
On our website as well as our team app called Heja. Once your child is a member of our team, you will get a link to our private app.
Do the racers get a break?
Yes, racers are encouraged to take breaks as needed.
How long is the season?
Our official season can be anywhere from end of November to End of March however this fluctuates every year due to the weather.